Vida Surf Cafe Bondi


Today I’ve left my bank card at home as well as my specially made lunch I slaved over in the fridge. Yet again. Staring down the barrel of at 8 hour shift at work with no food or money is making my stomach ache already and it’s only 9.05. I've resorted to scrounging around my car in all the nook and crannies for some silver and gold shrapnel to piece together some lunch funds.

I’ve successfully found $15 of a whole lot of coinage that’s bound to annoy the shop assistant, but hey, I can eat. I work in Bondi Beach and am a short walk to a wide variety of those health food cafes and extravagant foodie venues the suburb is renowned for. Unfortunately however, I don’t think the old coinage in my pocket will make the cut…

To my advantage, Bondi is also renowned as a backpacker hub, so I am going to stick with the backpacker budget for my lunch and I know just the place where I won’t get looked down on for my heavy hands of change.
Vida Surf Cafe is located on the corner of Gould Street and Curlewis Street, a 3 minute walk to Bondi Beach.  It is in the hub of town and is always full of your foreigners, surfers and creatives working leisurely away on the free-wifi. It is an open cafe, with wooden tables really encapsulating the surfy Bondi, barefoot vibes. The indie rock and house music plays loud over the laughing and clanging of plates.

Vida is known for their smoothie bowls, with a complete array of selections to choose from. I have gone total basic and have chosen to stick to the Bondi stereotype and order myself an Acai bowl topped with their homemade granola. Acai is an Amazonian berry that is the key ingredient to a tasty, cold frozen bowl. It is found on palm trees in South American rainforests and boast many health benefits such as antioxidants, fibre, healthy fats (yes, fats!) and calcium. Mix this berry powder with some frozen bananas and apple juice and wah-lah. We have the perfect concoction for a lunch date.

At Vida surf cafe you are able to see the staff personally make the bowl in front of you, which is great to know they aren't putting any nasties in it. You also get to see them garnish the top of the bowl to look like a piece of art. Slivers of bananas, strawberries, chia and goji berries cover one side and the house made granola cover the rest.
 All looking nicely for me to shove my spoon in right away and annihilate.

Personally, I believe Vida offers the largest selection of acai bowls and smoothies in town, and all for the mere price of $14.50. Yes that’s right, I even got 50 cents change! Vida Surf Cafe is open 7am til’ 6pm every day of the week! I would however recommend visiting through the weekdays if you’re not up for lining up or fighting the crowds for a seat. As well as bowls, Vida offers a large variety of breakfast/brunch meals as well as unreal sandwiches, wraps and other lunch items to choose from.

Unfortunately, Vida does not have an official site I can link to glimpse into their menu. This therefore means you will have to go check it out yourself to know what it’s all about! You can find them on their socials which i have linked below to get an insight into the affordable and tasty food Vida Surf Cafe Bondi has to offer.

Instagram: @vidasurfstore
E-mail: info@vidasurfshop.com


Image result for vida surf cafe acai bowlImage result for vida surf cafe acai bowl



Comments